Massage and Reiki Therapy are both deeply personal experiences.
After your Massage or Reiki Therapy you might notice changes in the way you feel physically and mentally; you might also experience some of the following during the next couple of days:
- Increased urination
- Increased thirst
- Sleepy, fatigued or just deeply relaxed
- More sound sleep or just deeper sleep
- Stuffy, blocked or runny nose
- Emotional, irritable or you may be full of energy
- There may be a temporary worsening of existing symptoms.
If you experience any of these symptoms it is a normal part of the treatment and the symptoms should be transitory.
To get maximum benefit following receipt of a Massage or Reiki Therapy ……the following aftercare is recommended:
- Try to relax for the remainder of the day, or at the very least for the next couple of hours.
- Massage and Reiki are both very relaxing therapies; so please take care if you are driving or working during the next few hours.
- Occasionally people feel a little ‘sore’ after a Massage. If this should happen to you, if you can please gently stretch in a hot shower or take a warm Epsom Salts bath.
Please note: this is not something that will occur following Reiki Therapy because there is no pressure applied during the session.
Fluid Intake and Diet after Massage or Reiki Therapy
- Please drink plenty of water after a Massage or Reiki Therapy. This will help to replace any lost fluids through increased urination and will help you to avoid dehydration. Increased urination is aiding the removal of toxins from your body and is a natural part of the ‘healing processes’.
- Drinking plenty of water may also reduce any soreness and fatigue after your Massage.
- Try to avoid alcohol, smoking, and drinking large amounts of tea/coffee. All of these may have a dehydrating effect.
- Avoid eating a heavy or a spicy meal after Massage or Reiki Therapy. Eat light meals for the remainder of the day. Light meals will allow your body to concentrate on natural healing, rather than on digestion; and this in turn will facilitate detoxification.